YARI YARI NTOASO: CONTINUING THE DIALOGUE
An International Symposium in ACCRA, GHANA, May 16-19, 2013
Conference planning supported by the New York Council for the Humanities.
The Organization of Women Writers of Africa, Inc (OWWA) in association with New York University’s NYU Accra Program and the Mbaasem Foundation is hosting an international symposium entitled Yari Yari Ntoaso: Continuing the Dialogue. The symposium will be held in Accra, Ghana, West Africa in 2013.
Yari Yari: Black Women Writers and the Future (1997) and Yari Yari Pamberi: Black Women Writers dissecting Globalization (2004) took place at New York University in New York City. Both conferences attracted large audiences and were featured in national and international newspapers and magazines.
Yari Yari Ntoaso will bring together women writers, storytellers, performers, publishers, organizers and visual artists from Africa and its Diaspora. The symposium - consisting of panels, readings, performances, a film/video series, and receptions, will be a gathering devoted to the study, evaluation, and celebration of the creativity and diversity of women writers of African descent. The conference will provide :
• An opportunity for the exchange of cultural expression and ideas concerning capacity development programs
• Information for the setting up of publishing and distribution networks with existing and new technology
• A platform to address issues of planning and development of cultural institutions
• Encouragement, support, and promotion of the works of young writers
• An environment for the dismantling of self-censorship
• Promotion of artistic expression and freedom of imagination
• A showcase and exhibition space for publications
->SAVE THE DATE POSTCARD - DOWNLOAD
->OWWA's 1st 20 YEARS - DOWNLOAD
->OWWA's PARTICIPANTS - DOWNLOAD
->YARI YARI HIGHLIGHTS - DOWNLOAD
OWWA - Rosamond S. King
MBASSEM - Kinna Likimani
NYU - Institute of African American Affairs - Jaira Placide